Shipping & Policies
Welcome to Prospero Lane! We value your business and want you to be delighted with your purchases from our online shop.
To ensure that you feel comfortable shopping with us, please read the following information before placing your order.
As buying from our shop confirms that you have read, and understand and agree to, the terms detailed below, please contact us prior to making your purchase if you have questions or would like more information.
Shipping Methods / Rates
- All our Shops and Galleries ship via USPS to the USA.
- USPS automatically calculates our shipping rates by the total weight of a packaged order, no matter how many products are shipped together in a single package.
- Our processing times may vary depending on the nature of the order.
- Ready to Ship items are usually in our outgoing mail within 1 to 2 business days.
- Made to Order products may require from 3 to 6 business days to create and process.
- When your order ships, you will receive an e-mail notification with a tracking number.
- Delivery times depend on the distance to your destination from our zip code - 04616 - and the speed of the USPS. For time estimates and order tracking, please visit http://www.USPS.com. Please keep in mind that once your package is in the hands of the post office, we have no control over the speed of delivery.
- Generally speaking, Priority and First Class Mail should be delivered within 3 days.
- Holidays and other high volume times may take longer to arrive.
- USPS COVID19 precautions may delay deliveries as well.
Have a question or need more information? Please contact us, and we'll get right back to you.
Returns / Refunds We accept returns of most items* sent back to us, unused and in their original condition and packaging, within 5 business days after you receive them.
*The following items are not returnable:
Earrings (for your own protection)
Certain custom orders; we'll let you know prior to beginning work if your item is not returnable.
Upon receiving your returned item as described above, we will issue a refund for the purchase price of the item.
Damaged Items If you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, don't toss out the packaging! Just grab your camera and send us photographs of both the item and our packaging materials as received. We will then let you know how best to proceed. Please do not return the damaged item until you have heard from us. To qualify for a refund, you may be required to confirm with our insurer that the item was damaged in the mail.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and/or PayPal information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How we use your personal information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To subscribe to our Periodic Newsletter, and receive occasional updates on special offers, sales, new products and upcoming events, click ☞ Sign Up!
- You may cancel your subscription at any time simply by contacting us.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European Union resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European Union resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Prospero Lane, c/o Rough Magic Creations, P.O. Box 174, Brooklin, ME 04616-0174, United States.